Register to Greater Montréal Attractiveness Forum and improve your business climate
A city’s business attractiveness is defined by its ability to attract foreign capital, such as foreign investment, international organizations and foreign talent. That’s what Greater Montréal needs to focus on for the region and its businesses to thrive at a time when wealth creation in open economies is more dependent on foreign markets than it has ever been.
As the Fourth Industrial Revolution takes hold and global competition intensifies, the world’s biggest cities must come together to get ahead. And the best place to start is the very first Greater Montréal Attractiveness Forum, on November 4, 2016, organized by Montréal International to promote Greater Montréal as an attractive and competitive investment destination.
ATTEND A WORKSHOP. CONTRIBUTE TO THE ACTION PLAN. IMPROVE YOUR BUSINESS CLIMATE.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER (FULL-DAY EVENT OR TRIBUTE LUNCHEON)
WHAT: Greater Montréal Attractiveness Forum
WHO: Industry, economic and institutional players
WHEN: Friday, November 4, 2016, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
WHERE: Palais des congrès de Montréal
• To raise awareness among decision-makers that attractiveness is key to economic prosperity
• To recognize the contribution of foreign subsidiaries to the economy
• To identify the actions that will improve the attractiveness of Greater Montréal
“We are convinced that the commitments and recommandations issued during the Forum will result in the improvement of Greater Montréal’s attractiveness and will lead to several announcements of foreign direct investment projects.”
Guests of Honor
Minister of Economy, Science and Innovation and Minister responsible for the Digital Strategy
Rita de Santis
Minister responsible for Access to information ans the Reform of Democratic Institutions
Mayor of Montréal President of the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal
Fellow and Director, Strategic Partnerships and Global Initiatives
Brookings Metropolitan Policy Program
The importance of FDI for Metropolitan Areas: Strategies, Challenges and Best Practices
CLICK HERE to view the full program in PDF.
7:30 am – Welcome of participants
8 am – Opening presentations
9:30 am to 12 pm – Simultaneous workshops
Workshop 1 : Bringing in foreign talent to address the shortage of highly skilled workers
Workshop 2 : Education as a solution to increase the talent pool
Workshop 3 : Take advantage of the digital revolution
Workshop 4 : The economic promotion of Greater Montréal internationally
Workshop 5 : The support system for foreign investors
12 pm – Luncheon “Tribute” to foreign subsidiaries and award ceremomy
2:30 to 4 pm – Summarized report of the workshops by the Attractiveness Concil and announcement of the forthcoming action plan and speakers.
Committed members of Greater Montréal Attractiveness Council
• Mario Sévigny, Co-President, MSB Design (Sogeclair)
• Hélène V. Gagnon, Vice President, Public Affairs and Global Communications, CAE
Video games and visual effects
• Francis Baillet, Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Ubisoft
• Chloe Grysole, General Manager, Cinesite Montréal
Life sciences and health technologies
• Paul Lirette, President, GSK Pharma Canada
• Max Fehlmann, President and CEO, NEOMED Institute
Information and communication technologies
• Michel Péladeau, Head of Group R&D Incentive Programs, Ericsson
• Marie-Josée Lamothe, Managing Director, Google Québec
• Jean-Luc Monfort, CEO, Blue Solutions
• Ben Marc Diendéré, Vice President Communications and Public Affairs, La Coop fédérée
Transport and logistics
• James Cherry, President and CEO, Aéroports de Montréal
• Raymond Bachand, Strategic Advisor to Norton Rose Fulbright, President of the Institut du Québec and Chairman of the board of directors of Tourism Montréal
• Jacques Ménard, Chairman of the Board of Directors, BMO Nesbitt Burns, President, BMO Financial Group, Québec and Chairman, Montréal International
• Henri-Paul Rousseau, Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, Power Corporation du Canada
• Roland Lescure, Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
• Gabriel Bran Lopez, Founding President, Youth Fusion and President, Junior Chamber of Commerce of Montréal
• Alan Shepard, President and Vice Chancellor, Concordia University
Thank you to our partners!
TRIBUTE LUNCHEON PARTNERS