Montréal has become a global leader in artificial intelligence (AI). This enviable position allows the city to cap off a brilliant 2018 with more than 8,500 participants at the prestigious Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS).
This major AI event, which will be held December 2 to 8, 2018, is a new opportunity to showcase the city. Montréal can boast to have created the ideal conditions over the years for building a unique collaborative ecosystem, focused on leading-edge expertise in deep learning.
Five reasons that make Montréal stand out:
- A large concentration of experts: 300 researchers and Ph.D. students in AI-related fields
- A critical mass of companies: Facebook, Google, Samsung, Microsoft, Deep Mind and several other companies, big and small, have set up in Montréal
- A large pool of talent and adapted study programs: 11,000 students in AI-related programs
- A collaborative system: an environment that values discussion and cooperation between universities and companies
- Ethics: at the forefront of the ethical considerations of AI, with the Montréal Declaration for a Responsible Development of Artificial Intelligence.
Montréal International’s highlights at NeurIPS
Montréal International, Greater Montréal’s economic development agency, will be welcoming participants at its booth specifically developed for the NeurIPS conference, to promote the region among investors, foreign workers and international students. MI is also planning a VIP breakfast to bring together key AI players and give them quite an original opportunity for discussion and networking. Prestigious partners such as Tourisme Montréal, Microsoft, Google, Ericsson, Stradigi AI, Element AI, DeepMind and MILA are associated with the VIP breakfast.
Working in AI – jobsmtl.com
Learn about job offers by going on jobsmtl.com.
Studying AI – ichoosemontreal.com
Sign up for the international student networking breakfast and come meet our universities, research centres and renowned professors to learn all about studying AI in Montréal!
To learn more about Montréal and AI: