Your Partner of Choice to Help You Succeed in Greater Montréal
At Montréal International, we rely on the expertise of close to 50 professionals who are specialists in their fields to offer you a single point of access to a series of personalized, free and confidential services.
Normand Legault, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Dominique Anglade, President and Chief Executive Officer, Montréal International
Montréal International—a non-profit organization—was created in 1996 as a result of a private/public partnership. Its mission is to contribute to the economic development of metropolitan Montréal and to enhance its international status. Montréal International is financed by 100 members from the private and institutional sectors, as well as the governments of Canada and Québec, the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal and the City of Montréal.
- Attract, retain and expand foreign direct investments
- Attract, retain and expand international organizations
- Attract, welcome and retain qualified foreign workers
- Promote and strengthen Greater Montréal’s economic attractiveness and international status
- Attracted $9.4 billion in foreign direct investment
- Helped over 560 foreign companies set up or expand their operations
- Helped more than 8,000 strategic international workers relocate to the region
Board of Directors
Members of the Montréal International Board of Directors
Normand Legault, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Montréal International
Dominique Anglade, President and Chief Executive Officer, Montréal International
Jean-Jacques Bourgeault, Vice Chairman of the Board, Montréal International and Practice Director – Pauzé Coaching, Groupe Pauzé
Tony Loffreda, Treasurer of the Board and Regional Vice President, Commercial financial services, Western Quebec, RBC Royal Bank
Private Sector Representatives
Eric Bédard, Managing Partner for the Québec region, Fasken Martineau
André Boulanger, President, Hydro-Québec TransÉnergie
Renaud Caron, Senior Vice President – Strategic Development, CGI Group
James C. Cherry, President and Chief Executive Officer, Aéroports de Montréal
Suzanne Fortier, Principal and Vice-Chancellor, McGill University
Yves Lalumière, President and Chief Executive Officer, Tourisme Montréal
Jean Laurin, President and Chief Executive Officer, NKF Devencore
Guy LeBlanc, Managing Partner Montréal Office, PricewaterhouseCoopers
David McAusland, Partner, McCarthy Tétrault
Jean-Luc Monfort, General Manager, BatHium Canada
Yves Pelletier, Regional Vice President, Montréal, Alithya
Louise Roy, Chancellor and Chairman of the Board, University of Montréal and President of the Board, CIRANO
Hubert Thibault, Vice President, Institutional Affairs, Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec
Jean Wilhelmy, Senior Vice President Aerospace, Construction, Services and Transportation, Solidarity Fund QFL
Public Sector Representatives
Manon Barbe, Mayor of the LaSalle Borough and President of the Conférence régionale des élus de Montréal
Jean Bouchard, Mayor of the City of Mirabel
Richard Deschamps, Councillor of the City of Montréal, LaSalle
Virginie Dufour, Member of the Executive Committee, City of Laval
Manon Gauthier, Member of the Executive Committee, City of Montréal
Claude Haineault, Mayor of the City of Beauharnois
Francesco Miele, Councillor of the City of Montréal, Saint-Laurent Borough
Sylvie Parent, Member of the Executive Committee, City of Longueuil
André Lavallée, Associate Secretary General for the Montreal region, Secrétariat à la région métropolitaine, ministère du Conseil exécutif
Rita Tremblay, Vice President, Policy and Communications, Canada Economic Development
Yves Guérin, Vice President Administration and Corporate Secretary, Montréal International
Dominique Anglade, President and Chief Executive Officer
Élie Farah, Vice President, Investment Greater Montréal
Stéphanie Allard, Vice President, International Organizations
Louis Arseneault, Vice President, Talent Attraction, Promotion and Communication
Yves Guérin, Vice President Administration and Corporate Secretary
Martin Goulet, Director, International Mobility Services
André Chabot, Director, Strategic Development
Valérie Vézina, Director of Human Resources
Christian Bernard, Chief Economist
Danielle Gosselin, Assistant to the President and Chief Executive Officer (observer)
Some of the successes achieved in the greater Montréal region with help from Montréal International (2012-2013)
- OVH.com, Europe’s top web hosting company, set up a data centre in Beauharnois, on Montréal’s South Shore ($127M and 120 new jobs).
- Medtronic, the largest medical technologies company in the world, continued to expand its research activities and increases its production capacity in Greater Montréal ($50M and 205 new jobs).
- Aerolia, the French leader in aerostructures and a specialist in the design and production of nose fuselage sub-assemblies, announced the opening of its new plant in Mirabel, on Montréal’s North Shore ($82.4M and 150 new jobs).
- Cicame Énergie, specializing in the manufacturing of transmission line and electrical distribution accessories, continued its expansion and opened a new facility in Greater Montréal ($8.7M and 30 new jobs).
- The International Federation of Airline Pilots’ Associations (IFALPA), representing 100,000 pilots worldwide, moved its headquarters from London to Montréal.
- Framestore, a world-leading visual effects and animation studio serving the film and television industries, set up in Greater Montréal (200 new jobs).
- The Alten Group, a European leader in technology consulting and engineering (TCE), set up its Canadian head office in Greater Montréal (200 new jobs).
- Adetel Group, a French firm specializing in the design of onboard electronic equipment, opened a subsidiary in Longueuil, in the Saint-Hubert borough (100 new jobs).
- Le groupe Sogeclair, an international high-tech leader, announced the opening of a Canadian subsidiary in Greater Montréal (50 new jobs).
- Ericsson, a leading provider of communication technologies and services around the world, announced the construction of a 40,000-m2 global ICT centre in Vaudreuil-Dorion, on Montréal’s South Shore ($1.2B and 60 new jobs).
- Zimmer CAS, a world leader in computer-assisted surgery solutions for arthroplasty, opened a new production unit in Montréal and presented two new technologies that offer surgeons around the world an unparalleled degree of precision and simplicity for knee and shoulder implant surgery.
- Ankama Group a European leader in multimedia authoring and production opened its first North American studio in Greater Montréal (40 new jobs).
- Technicolor Canada opened a special effects studio in Greater Montréal under the Moving Picture Company (MPC) brand (200 new jobs).
- Ubisoft, a leading global producer, publisher and distributor of interactive games, announced a new online infrastructure and gaming hub in Greater Montréal ($373M and 500 new jobs).
- Servier Canada, the Canadian subsidiary of Servier Research Group, the second largest French pharmaceutical laboratory, opened a new clinical research centre of excellence in Laval, on Montréal’s North Shore ($16.3M and 40 new jobs).
- Danone consolidated production of its OIKOS yoghurt at its Boucherville plant, located on Montréal’s South Shore ($40M and 10 new jobs).
- WB Games Montréal, a subsidiary of US-based Warner Bros Home Entertainment Group, which specializes in developing interactive video games and digital animation, expanded its studio in Montréal (100 new jobs).
- Bank of China opened its first branch in downtown Montréal. Its goal is to become the preferred partner for Chinese companies investing in Québec and for Québec companies doing business in China.
You wish to pursue your career in a dynamic environment? Montréal International is always seeking for new talent to join the team.
If no position suits you at the moment, you may send us your resume and we will keep it for future openings.
Please fill up the following form.