The Montréal Strategic Forum, Montréal: alive with the international that has been held at Palais des Congrès in April 27 2018 was an opportunity for Montréal International, the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal and the Government of Québec to unveil the conclusions of a specific study entrusted to McKinsey & Compagnie.
The analysis focuses on the study of flows of goods and services, people, data and capital and what they represent for the metropolitan area of Montreal.
It reveals the importance of international trade in a context of international competitiveness and highlights the positive effects of such an opening on the world for both local businesses and international companies.
It also allows Montréal International and the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal to propose six concrete lines of action, including:
- Increase the efficiency and reach of existing programs that support and finance exports.
- Reinforce partnerships between Canadian multinationals and SMEs to make it easier for them to access foreign markets.
- Ensure the competitiveness of logistical hubs and strategic assets like ports, airports, railroads and road networks.
- Further internationalize the talent pool of Greater Montréal by investing in four fronts.
- Promote the city internationally with a strong, unifying and distinctive brand image, inspired by the best practices.
- Stimulate the digital exportation of services by developing digital infrastructure like the 5G network and using the businesses in our artificial intelligence hub.