The International Mobility Division (IMD) of Montréal International has been working with employers in Greater Montréal since 1996, providing them with the support they need to hire, onboard and retain skilled foreign workers (SFWs).
The race for talent has become an increasingly pressing concern for employers with each passing year. After recruiting SFWs, one of the main challenges faced by employers is to retain them. The number one reason why SFWs return to their home countries is the alienation and isolation experienced by their spouses.
To address this situation, the IMD created a added-value service to help spouses of SFWs enter the job market, grow professionally and build a network of contacts.
The service provides counselling, orientation, experience sharing and top-level networking.
Each cycle consists of four 2 hours sessions covering the following topics:
1. Adjusting to lifestyle changes
• Decoding your emotions and understanding where you are at in the transition
• Giving yourself the tools to adjust
• Earning professional credentials in Québec
2. Defining your career plan
• Knowing your market
• Defining your personal brand
• Optimizing your selling tools: résumé, business card
3. Launching and optimizing your job search
• Knowing the difference between virtual barriers and real obstacles
• Developing a proactive approach to search for opportunities
• Optimizing your networking
4. Growing and integrating
• Mastering the art of selling yourself in an interview
• Making informed choices
• Growing in your new duties
Benefits for participants :
- Free guidance and support for a successful career transition, and help entering the job market.
- An opportunity to share experiences and receive group support.
- Support from a certified life and career transition coach.
- Help understanding the importance of networking and implementing an active networking approach.
- Information sharing, support and mutual assistance.
- Access to exclusive and complementary personalized coaching offers and à la carte services.
2017 & 2018 Start dates
French and English sessions:
Each cycle consists of four 2-hours sessions held every 2 weeks.
- Cycle 1 : Completed cycle.
- Cycle 2 : Completed cycle.
- Cycle 3 : Completed cycle.
- Cycle 4 : Completed cycle.
- Cycle 5 : Completed cycle.
- Cycle 6 : March 8th, March 22nd, April 5th and April 19th 2018
- Cycle 7 : April 26th, May 3rd, May17th and May 31st 2018
For over two years, DMI has helped more than 150 people at various stages in the career transition process, and we believe that promoting follow-up and experience sharing among specialized foreig workers spouses will bring added value to the service.
That is why we are introducing an additional cycle in January 2016. The new “Peer-to-peer coaching and support” program will be open and available to all former participants, giving them the chance to exchange ideas and learn from each other.
Complementary à la carte* services:
- On-demand coaching sessions
*Price on request
For more information, contact:
Nancy Giroux, CRHA
Certified Business Coach