Canada’s fashion capital
Named Canada’s most elegant city by European fashion leader Zalando, Montréal ranks third among North American cities with the largest number of jobs in clothes manufacturing, after New York and Los Angeles.
Industry sector data
Montréal is the place to be for foreign companies seeking targeted expertise at the forefront of fashion.
What sets the industry apart, and made its success possible, is the innovative spirit, creativity, design excellence and the know-how of its talent.
- A skilled workforce stemming from four specialized university and college programs where 8,000 students are enrolled
- A bilingual and trilingual workforce that can easily conduct business in Paris, New York and throughout the world
- Tax credits of up to 30% for the development of e-business and 24% for the design of manufactured products
- The most competitive operating costs among the 20 largest cities in Canada and the United States.
- Direct access to international markets by virtue of free-trade agreements