SDGs in Quebec: A decade of action
The United Nations has called 2020 the start of a ‘Decade of Action’ to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), 17 goals to build robust, resilient, and prosperous societies around the world. As Canada emerges from the public health emergency of COVID-19, there is a need to take this opportunity to ‘build back better’ to advance the SDGs and create a more sustainable and equitable country.
This opening session panel for the Summit on Sustainable Innovation invites experts and participants from across sectors to discuss this concept in Québec and the types of accelerated and coordinated action that are needed to achieve the SDGs as we kickstart a Decade of Action.
- Charles Beaudry (Moderator), Mobilizer, Consortium Accélérer 2030
- María Cortés Puch, Vice President, Networks, UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN)
- Janice Bailey, Scientific Director, Fond de recherche Nature et Technologie (FRQNT)
- Elizabeth Mrema, Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
- Karel Mayrand, President and General director, Fondation du Grand Montréal (FGM)
This international panel will occur on October 14 at 1 PM. It will be followed by action-oriented, facilitated and highly interactive parallel breakout sessions.
Links and details will be sent by email closer to the date of the Summit.
Don't miss out
Sign up to receive the latest news from Montréal International.