Montréal has it all
The talent you need
The cost advantage you want
The cutting-edge ecosystems you seek
The support you are looking for
Locating your business in Greater Montréal means choosing a prime location for innovation and business in a country known for its political and economic stability.
Our experts are here to help you get the most out of your investment in our city.
We have the brainpower
Having good ideas is great. Bringing them to life is even better.
To push boundaries, you need highly skilled and creative people. Fortunately, we have plenty.
Investing in Montréal gives you access to a large and diverse talent pool trained in a world-class education system. Home to 15 university institutions and over 90 colleges, our region is a unique breeding ground for innovators and creators.
As Canada’s university capital, Montréal also holds the top spot in the country for university research funding, securing an impressive $1.6 billion annually.
We lead in affordability
Setting up shop in Greater Montréal is not only intellectually stimulating, but financially rewarding, too.
Looking for a competitive advantage? You’ve come to the right place.
It costs less to operate a business here, on average, than in any other major city in Canada and the United States. In fact, our region offers some of the most attractive savings and financial incentives to take your business to the next level.
- Average cost-advantage of 29% in high-value-added sectors
- Competitive labour costs
- Subsidies and interest-free loans for major and innovative projects
- Sectoral and R&D tax credits
We are industry leaders
It takes the right environment to blaze new trails.
What sets Montréal apart? Leading-edge industry clusters and a deep-rooted culture of creativity and collaboration.
Doing business in Montréal means tapping into dynamic ecosystems supported by a solid tech sector. We are leading the way in many high-value-added sectors including aerospace, life sciences and health technologies, IT services and software development, video games, visual effects and animation, cleantech, fintech, and cybersecurity.
As a global leader in artificial intelligence and R&D, Montréal is an incubator of innovation. It’s also the ideal environment for startups, with six of Canada’s 10 most active investment funds based in the city.
They chose Greater Montréal
Montréal is your gateway to the world
- Access to 1.5 billion customers in 50+ countries through free trade agreements
- A strategically located and easily accessible hub (air, water, road and rail)
- YUL – Montréal Trudeau airport connected to 145 destinations, including 80+ international
- 2nd largest port in Canada (36 million tons of cargo in 2022)
We’re invested in your success
Curious about how doing business in Montréal could be a game changer for your company? Looking for the best way to maximize your investment here? We can help.
Montréal International is your single point of access to a series of free and confidential services. Our experts are here to help you succeed, providing personalized support tailored to your business goals.
- Strategic sector-specific expertise
- Advice on funding sources and tax incentives
- Access to our network of partners
- Help selecting your business site
- Support with sourcing and securing international talent
Contact our experts
Vice President, Foreign Investment