Clean technology, a booming sector in Greater Montréal
Greater Montréal is a strategic hub for developing clean technology and the fight against climate change. Choosing to set up your cleantech company in Montréal means you get to take advantage of an ideal geographic location, a highly skilled talent pool, a unique hydroelectric potential, plus one of the lowest operating costs among large metropolitan areas in Canada and the U.S., and great incentives to foster innovation.
Choosing Montréal to grow your company is a unique opportunity to be part of a collaborative ecosystem serving the green economy
Spurred by the strength of its research hubs and industry organizations, its cutting-edge AI expertise, the presence of sustainable mobility leaders, as well as electricity that is 99% produced from a clean and renewable source, Greater Montréal is the prime location to drive cleantech development.
- Canada is the 2nd-most attractive country for cleantech companies
- World-class universities and training programs tailored to the needs of businesses
- Ambitious environmental goals at every level of government and attractive incentives to promote the energy transition
- A diversified ecosystem, including a number of international organizations in sustainable development and world leaders in transportation electrification and sustainable mobility, AI and cybersecurity
- One of the most competitive operating costs among 20 major cities in Canada and the United States