Peritus.ai opens its first office in Montréal to support tech companies
Reinventing customer service with AI
Peritus.ai, an innovative startup from San Francisco, announces the opening of its first office in Montréal to help high-tech companies reinvent their customer service and their technical support using artificial intelligence. This investment will create some thirty jobs in the region over the next three years.
The U.S. company has developed a platform powered by AI, which automates expert knowledge and allows technical assistance teams to quickly and easily access the most up-to-date information in order to solve customer problems. “With the pandemic caused by COVID-19, there is a growing need to build AI assistants for a zero-touch customer service experience,” explained Robin Purohit, founder and CEO of Peritus.ai. “As a Canadian myself, I know everything Montréal has to offer and I was really looking forward to investing in my home country. With the opening of our new office, our company offers a unique opportunity for Montréal experts to work on a concrete product that can completely transform the way we operate customer service.”
Greater Montréal quickly positioned itself as a prime destination for foreign investors looking to invest in AI. “Montréal’s artificial intelligence ecosystem is stronger than ever and is playing a key role in the economic vitality of Greater Montréal,” said Stéphane Paquet, President and CEO of Montréal International, Greater Montréal’s economic promotion agency. “Over the past few years, the Montréal region has built significant connections with California-based technology companies. And the proof is that since only 2015, Montréal International has supported more than $1 billion in investment from that state.”
“We are convinced that Québec’s pool of AI talent offers Peritus.ai everything it could need to reinvent existing technologies and meet the changing needs of businesses and consumers,” affirmed Hubert Bolduc, President of Investissement Québec International. “Here and elsewhere, our teams will continue to play an active role in showcasing the many benefits of harnessing our expertise to bring and keep foreign investment in Québec.”
So many good reasons to invest in AI in Greater Montréal
- More than $2 billion in AI investments were announced in Greater Montréal since 2016
- Nearly 20,000 workers have AI skills in Montréal
- University capital of Canada (11 universities and 60 colleges)
- More than 13,000 students enrolled in university programs specializing in AI and data processing
- More than 600 researchers and graduate students at Mila, the largest university research laboratory in the world for deep learning and reinforcement learning
- Headquarters for AI innovation supercluster in Canada and the International Centre of Expertise in Montréal for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (ICEMAI)
- The best AI incubators and accelerators in the world, to pave the way for the discoveries of tomorrow
About Peritus AI
Peritus.ai is a startup bringing AI productivity breakthroughs to customer service of IT products & services. Our patented pending cloud-first Knowledge Engine uses advanced NLP and machine learning to enable continuous learning from content, discussions, case management, and product development systems. Peritus.ai was co-founded by industry veterans, Robin Purohit and Santhosh Srinivasan. Our team is proudly global with locations in U.S, India, and Canada. Peritus venture investors include The Hive, IdeaSpring, and Benhamou Global Ventures.