Immigration and COVID-19: New developments for temporary workers
Discover our special webinar and stay informed of the latest developments concerning immigration
The COVID-19 crisis brings its own set of challenges for Québec employers, particularly with respect to temporary foreign workers and their family members.
In this context, Montréal International invites you to participate in a special webinar, in collaboration with KPMG, on Thursday April 9, at 2 pm.
Caroline Boucher, Director of International Mobility, Montréal International, and Andres Miguel Pareja, Lawyer and Director of Immigration, KPMG, will answer all your questions following this presentation, which will address the following topics, among others:
- Recently implemented travel restrictions
- Eligible Temporary Foreign Workers (TFW)
- Work permit vs. Introduction letter vs. Travel authorization letter
- Temporary residents outside Canada (LMIA, VAC, medical examination, biometric data, immediate family, travel authorization)
- Temporary residents in Canada (maintained status, flagpoling)
- Compliance (obligations, measures, legal criteria, layoffs and renewal of job offers)
Note: This webinar will also be given in French on Thursday, April 9 at 10 am.
Methods of participation on the day of the event
On the day of the event, Thursday April 9 at 2 pm, choose how you would like to participate:
1. Use the website
Please note that you will have the opportunity to ask questions; details will be provided at the beginning of the presentation.
The webinar platform is compatible with the latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Edge and Opera. However, it is not compatible with Internet Explorer or Edge 79 and earlier versions. Click here for more information to test the compatibility of your system.
Don't miss out
Sign up to receive the latest news from Montréal International.