Montréal, a major player in video games
As one of the world’s top five video game production cities, Greater Montréal is renowned for the expertise and creativity of its talent. Since Ubisoft’s arrival in 1997, the world’s largest video game producers have chosen to come to Montréal for its vibrant creative and artistic energy.
Montréal is the place to be for foreign companies looking to be part of a thriving creative and artistic culture.
According to the Entertainment Software Association of Canada (ESAC), Québec’s video game industry has experienced dazzling growth with the number of companies increasing by 42% since 2015. The industry’s global success is based on a series of key factors.
- A pool of creative and specialized talent
- Top-notch universities and training programs that are focused on industry needs
- A diverse ecosystem, including the presence of global companies in visual effects, virtual reality and IT
- The most competitive operating costs among the 20 largest cities in Canada and the United States
- Tax credits that can cover up to 37.5% of labour costs
" Other regions offer one or more of these key success factors, but Greater Montréal has the very great advantage of bringing them all together in a socio-economic model that is closely aligned with our needs. "
Vice-President, Corporate Affairs, Ubisoft