Montréal: An interconnected life sciences industry
Greater Montreal is one of the east coast’s leading life sciences regions. The scientific excellence of Montreal institutions is recognized around the world, and several major investments have recently been made, including the new McGill (MUHC) and Université de Montréal (CHUM and CHU Sainte-Justine) mega hospitals.
With access to finance, an entrepreneurial mindset and a recent boom in the sector, Greater Montreal boasts a critical mass of potential strategic partners.
Industry sector data
Montréal is the place to be for foreign companies invested in innovation and collaboration.
Companies that come to Greater Montréal become part of research network that stands at the cutting edge of advances in the industry! The city offers complementary strengths in the fields of biopharmaceuticals, diagnostics, medical devices, health technologies and artificial intelligence. This diverse expertise encourages both business and research collaboration.
- A critical mass of ground-breaking companies
- A strategic and complementary position in relation to the largest LSHT centres on the Canadian east coast
- A large talent pool, thanks to eight university level institutions and three engineering schools
- The most competitive operating costs among the 20 largest cities in Canada and the United States
- A 29% tax credit for scientific research and experimental development
“ Greater Montréal offers a very welcoming environment for businesses, including an open spirit of collaboration between universities, research institutions and governments. ”
President, Medtronic Canada