Find new talents among Montréal's international students and graduates
Looking to hire junior talent? Through our I choose Montréal initiative, we can help you recruit from a very interesting, but often overlooked talent pool: the international students and graduates of Greater Montréal. Find out more about why it makes sense to hire international students, and use our tools to recruit them at little or no cost to your company.
International students: highly skilled and accessible talent
Montréal is the best student city in the Americas and 6th best globally (QS, 2019). With its reputable institutions, it is a magnet for top international students. Here are top five reasons why it’s a good idea to hire them.
- They have degrees from Quebec institutions.
- They are already integrated in the city, and eager to gain professional experience in local businesses.
- They can work up to 20 hours/week during studies, and full-time during holidays.
- No need to sponsor them: they can work in Canada up to 3 years after graduation.
- They add to the diversity of your team: they speak several languages and have international networks.
International students are a strategic talent pool for the growth of the knowledge economy in the metropolis. We want to encourage them to choose Montréal to pursue their university studies and make a career there.
President and CEO, Montréal International