Discover Montréal’s World-Leading Video Game Hub
Creative Victoria and Montréal International invite you to attend an exclusive virtual event, with industry leaders that are all leveraging Greater Montréal’s strengths in the gaming sector for worldwide success. Join us on Thursday, September 3 at 9am (AEST, UTC+10:00) to learn about the 5th largest video game hub in the world and the largest production centre in Canada, with presentations by:
- Mr. Samuel Berthiaume, Project Director at Montréal International and Ms. Claire Yu, Director, Asia-Pacific and Middle East at Invest Québec
- What are the key facts about Montréal’s video game hub? What are the financial incentives of operating in Montréal?
- Mr. Christopher Chancey, President and CEO at ManaVoid Entertainment and Vice President at La Guilde du jeu vidéo du Québec
- What makes Québec’s indie game ecosystem so special? How MEGA-MIGS 2020—the most important B2B2C event in the Canadian video game industry—is adapting in the context of COVID-19?
- Mr. Johan Eile, General Manager at Kabam Montréal (formerly Riposte Games)
- How did a local, independent studio grow to become part of Netmarble—one of the largest studios in South Korea? What are the opportunities in Montréal for M&A and joint ventures?
- Mr. Ben Mattes, Studio Head at Rovio Entertainment Corporation
- Why Rovio Entertainment Corporation—famously known for the global Angry Birds brand—decided to open a studio in Montréal? What are the challenges with building a game experience that isn’t bound by current trends, business models, or platforms?
With welcoming remarks by:
- Mr. Martin Arseneault, Vice-Consul and Trade Commissioner at the Consulate General of Canada in Sydney.
Don't miss out
Sign up to receive the latest news from Montréal International.