Canadian-based companies looking to hire foreign workers must first prove that they made an effort to hire from the local workforce. However, there are five programs that do not apply to this situation.
- Intra-company transfers: Priority processing of work permits applications within 14 days in 80% of cases.
- CUSMA: Work permits can possibly be obtained in less than two weeks for 60 eligible occupations under the Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement.
- International Experience Canada: Work permits can be obtained in less than eight weeks for applicants from one of the 35 countries that signed an agreement with Canada. This program is intended for young professionals aged 18 to 35 who are seeking an internship, a summer job or a permanent job contributing to their career development.
- Global Talent Stream: Exemption for 12 occupation groups, mainly in IT, web development, digital design, visual effects, video games, mathematics and statistics.
- Facilitated process in Québec: almost 200 occupations are eligible for this facilitated process.
Companies locating in Greater Montréal can take advantage of these programs to bring experts from their head office to Canada or hire world-class specialists.
07 Managing the international workforce
Our team can assist you with your investment project in Greater Montreal.
Contact our experts
Vice President, Foreign Investments