Montréal, the best city for entrepreneurs & startups
You’re an entrepreneur and you’re planning to launch a company in an innovative sector such as artificial intelligence, video games, life sciences, cyber-security, “deep tech” or fintech? You’ve found the right place!
Montréal by the numbers
Why choose Montréal for your startup?
Montréal offers a strong, dynamic ecosystem with targeted support from incubators, accelerators, venture capital investors and government institutions committed to the success of startups.
With its unique business environment, Montréal possesses all the necessary elements to foster the emergence of innovative companies.
- The lowest cost of living and doing business among large U.S. and Canadian cities
- Very competitive operating costs and numerous tax incentives
- An ecosystem recognized for its technological excellence
- A large pool of skilled talent
- Exceptional quality of life
“Montréal is an ideal place to start a business. There are lots of tech incubators that tap into the enthusiasm of young graduates coming out of our excellent colleges and universities. A tech incubator in Los Angeles can attract 75 candidates, whereas one in Montréal will attract 400.”
Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Lightspeed